8. Swimming privileges within the wading pools are limited to individuals who are forty six inches (46”) or less in height. Those individuals must be accompanied at all times by a responsible individual who is able to demonstrate swimming ability as outlined above. Lifeguards do not monitor the wading pools.
9. Incontinent or non-toilet trained persons must wear specially designed swim diapers or waterproof pants in the pools, or these persons will not be allowed to enter the pools.
10. The pools may be closed at any time due to operational difficulties, inclement weather, lightning, emergencies or at the discretion of the pool management or the lifeguard on duty. The pools must be cleared for thunder or lightning and may not be re-opened for thirty (30) minutes after the last rumble of thunder and sixty (60) minutes after the last bolt of lightning.
11. A fifteen (15) minute period will be reserved each hour when the pool may only be used for lap-swimming or lap-walking, or for the purpose of checking the pool. During this period, only those participating in lap- swimming or lap-walking are permitted in the pools.
12. Persons with open lesions or sores are not permitted to use the pools.
13. Proper swim attire is necessary. No cut-off shorts will be permitted. Individuals not having appropriate swim attire will not be allowed to swim.
14. Alcohol and glass drink containers are prohibited.
15. Only service animals shall be permitted in the pool areas. No other animals are permitted in the pool areas. 16. Radios, CD players, tape players, and all other entertainment equipment must be played with earphones.
17. Safety is of primary concern to the Association and its members. All persons using the pool do so at their own risk and agree to abide by the rules for use of the facility, and the instructions of the lifeguards and pool management. Pool management and the Association do not assume responsibility for any accident or injury in connection with such use or for any loss or damage to personal property.
18. Game playing, the use of floats, noodles, toys and other similar items shall be at the discretion of lifeguards. Only Coast Guard and Red Cross approved lifejackets and personal flotation devices are allowed in the pool. Water wings may not be used and are not an acceptable flotation device.
19. Running and rough-housing around the pool is strictly forbidden. Profane language and gestures will not be tolerated.
20. No diving is permitted.
21. Management reserves the right to hold classes and events for Piedmont members at the pool.
22. The dates and hours of pool operation shall be determined by the Board from time to time in the Board’s discretion.
23. Proper respect and cooperation is due to the lifeguards, who are there to provide for the safe and orderly operation of the pool. Pool management staff has the right to dismiss any person not obeying the above rules.